WHAT IS COMMUNITY SUPPORTED AGRICULTURE?
More commonly known as a "CSA," Community Supported Agriculture is a farm share program that celebrates a more direct and intimate connection between the consumer and the farmer.
CSA members are shareholders of our farm. You purchase a "share" of our harvest at the start of our growing season and pick up weekly CSA baskets full of goodies. Each CSA basket includes a weekly write-up that describes the preceding week on the farm and a brief Permaculture lesson. We truly value the intimate connection we are able to have with our shareholders.
In a farmer/shareholder relationship, both parties share the risks and rewards of farming. Growing above 8,200 feet in elevation in a dry, extreme Southern Colorado climate certainly brings its challenges. While we have learned many ways to engage in preventative measures against adverse conditions like drought and cold, there are always new challenges in a season that we must overcome. Our goal of the CSA program is to build a more meaningful connection between the consumer and the life and growth of the food that feeds us.
2019 CSA SEASON
Thank you to all of our new 2019 CSA Members who make our dreams come true! We cannot wait to supply you with our fresh produce and bread!
- 1 Basket of the highest quality, beyond organic produce $25 worth every week for 20 weeks (14 weeks for Alamosa residents).
- Weekly write-ups of permaculture lessons, farm updates, recipes, and more!
- FREE Sol Mountain Farm tote bag (while supplies last!)
- Free farm tour (by appointment only)
- Weekly Sourdough Bread shares ARE NOW SOLD OUT!
- Shares will be PICKUP ONLY* at the appropriate farmers markets; there is no drop-off option available.
- South Fork and Del Norte residents: pick up shares at the South Fork Friday Market every Friday between 9AM - 1PM.
- Pagosa Springs residents: pick up shares at the Pagosa Springs East Side Market every Saturday, 9AM - 1PM.
- Alamosa residents: pick up shares at the Alamosa Food Bank every Wednesday between 12PM - 4PM. The veggies will be available for pickup during business hours after Wednesday (they will stay fresh in the walk-in fridge!).
How to Join
- Fill out the shareholder application below!
- When you receive an e-mail confirmation, mail a check to Sol Mountain Farm! (Membership official upon receipt of payment in full.)
- Full 20-week season CSA: $500 (with Bread share: $620)
- Alamosa 14-week season: $350 (with Bread share: $435)
- Remember - we have limited shares and membership is based on a first-come, first-served basis!